Thursday, November 10, 2011

Weathering the Storm

Well....... after weeks and weeks of prayer Scott and I made a crazy decision. I am getting on a plane next Wednesday, Nov. 16th, heading to ET. (We have good friends, the Robbin's, who are traveling to court, I'm jumping on the plane with them) You guessed it, I'm going to be with our little man, Isaiah Biruk until we clear Embassy. It's been 3 1/2 months since we've held him and it's been almost 2 months since he's been legally ours. Yep, we both agree- it's time for him to be with his family. We bought me a one way ticket, with no return! Scary thought, but I have an complete peace! I know God is at work and I am going to step back and let Him do His thing. One reason I am going over early is are to take custody of Isaiah. He can move into the guesthouse with me. So Exciting! We'll be able to start the bonding process and maybe even work through some of those "initial issues and struggles" before we venture home. Another reason......Embassy. I will be willing and available for whatever they need to help this process along. After all, they look to both me and Scott as his parents. Why shouldn't one of us be there with him, right? The hope is for Scott to join me sometime after Thanksgiving, when there is progress made and we can come home. It hurts to think I could potentially be away from my 3 girls and hubby for 1, 2 , 3 or 4 weeks. However, I know God will use the time to strength all of us and build our faith. That's exciting! We have 2 sets of wonderful grandparents that live locally and a community of friends that have risen to the occasion to help. I feel so blessed to live in community with these people....they all are like family! I know when Scott meets me in ET, the girls will be in good hands! Until then, please keep our family in your prayers. Pray for Scott and the girls that God's peace and joy will sustain them as the days get long. Pray for strength for me, I know I will eventually come off the "adrenaline rush" and get weary without my family, especially my sweet hubby. Please pray for Embassy's favor on our case. I know this last bit of the race may get tough, but it's all worth it. It is definitely all worth it!

6 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray with you thru this process. Until He is HOME!!!
    Michelle Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you get to go be with him! It will be hard to be away from most of your family, but I'm glad you will be bonding with your littlest! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be praying for you. I know that God will give you peace during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me cry! Oh Babe. Go be with your littlest man. I LOVE that you're doing this.

    Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you that you will get this special time with him. Praying for you all during this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bringing an extra pair of knitting needles to teach you on the plane :) I have such a peace of mind about this too, so thankful you'll be with us & Isaiah needs his mama!!

    ReplyDelete