Sunday, May 15, 2011




We just finished celebrating Scott's 40th b-day in the "Windy City."( Thanks to all of our friends and family that helped in planning and keeping this a surprise. Lying for the sake of surprise doesn't count, right?) We started our trip with an over night visit with my sis in St. Louis. Early the next morning, we jumped on the Amtrak that took us right into the heart of Chicago. We took up residence, for 4 days, in a most modern 40 story hotel where everything imaginable was at our fingertips. The yummiest restaurants and most trendy stores were in walking distance. ( I have never eaten so much and walked so much in my entire life. Loved it!) Each day brought something new an exciting...... Cubs vs Cards at Wrigley Field, the Art Institute, the Magnificent Mile, Garrett's popcorn, bike rides along Lakeshore Dr, Lincoln Park, crazy taxi rides, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, riding the "L", Millineum Park, and so much more. It was just what the doctor ordered: energizing and refreshing! During our stay, we crossed into the 13 MONTH marker of waiting. Truly, I never thought we would be here with NO referral, but we are and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it! So... I reside to wait with joy and pray with anticipation of the future and what's to come. I don't want to miss out on the blessing of my amazing husband and beautiful children under my roof. Perspective....that's what I feel like the Lord has given me right now and I am thankful!

3 comments:

  1. You keep moving up the FBI! Soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just was checking in on y'all.... referral must be coming SOOOOOOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this! I so relate on the "getting away is just what the Dr. ordered"...so glad y'all had this time away and that it was refreshing! Continuing to pray for you as you wait...

    ReplyDelete