Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Show Some Love"




We are so excited that our shirts are in! It's so easy- you can click the size and color on the left side to order. We will gladly deliver your "T'" or ship it, if necessary. In selling these shirts, we desire not only to raise funds to compensate the new travel laws in Ethiopia, but to tell several stories. The story of our son who represents 1 of over 160 million orphans, along with the beautiful story of adoptioin. When thinking through the design of our shirts, I was reminded of an image that I see daily. Last year, one daughter painted a picture of the Ethiopian flag for one my Christmas presents. I have proudly displayed it on my kitchen counter, along with the sweet faces of my girls. This serves as a reminder that soon the flag will be replaced with the face of our son, when he joins our family. What a great day that will be! Our shirts were also inspired from the very simple, yet powerful command "LOVE." The front of the shirts display this word written in the Amharic Ethiopian language. Jesus is our ultimate example of this love. He lived it out and gave it #1 and #2 ranking in commands. LOVE GOD AND LOVE PEOPLE. "Show Some Love" is scripted on the back as a reminder that we have the opportunity to demonstrate love to those both near and far. We can be the voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. Of course, the color choices of red, kelly, gold, and aqua symbolize the colors in the Ethiopian flag. A heritage that will always be on our hearts. We dream of a sea of Ethiopian colors at the airport, when he meets all of you for the first time. This thought brings tears to my eyes! We truly appreciate your support and covet your prayers. YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!

10 comments:

  1. love this. i am right along with you having tears streaming down my face thinking about the sea of color when you bring home your baby boy. what a day that will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your shirts, just ordered one, lots of luck with your fundraising!
    Anne
    www.oliveradoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your t-shirt! I can't wait to get one. So excited for your family & that 5 months have already passed. Could you bring a few of the sizes/colors to the next playgroup? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mollie, so nice to see you today and chat :) I'm loving my comfy cute t-shirt, it was so hot when I left that I changed right into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have cute shirts. :) I might need one. :) What brand are they and How do they fit? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! They are Alternative Apparel -Vintage Soft. They literally feel like that "favorite t-shirt you've had for years." The t's are fitted. Most people have been ordering one size bigger for that reason. Let me know and we'll send one your way. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! ♥ LOVE your T-Shirts! ...Just ordered a large Green (in case it is on the small size) SOoooooooooo EXCITED and SO happy to help with your fund raising...

    ..I will be praying that your T's sell like hotcakes! :)

    BIG Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AWESOME!:D Plan to order one for myself and am wondering if you have any sizes for Men...? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Darcee! I will mail your shirt tomorrow. Nancy, all we have left for men is a 1 med gold (unisex). Appreciate you all more than you'll know!

    ReplyDelete