Thursday, July 1, 2010

American Dream?

"Radical" by David Platt is a "MUST READ!" It's inspiring and convicting, empowering and challenging. He questions the American Dream....."Why do we feel the need to achieve it? How is it biblical? Can you walk away from it?" I feel that I hold "things" loosely. (Probably because the "material things" that I have are worth little of value.) I love to give and help others in whatever way I can. However, I have been convicted deeply about my motives, my desires, and my fears. It all revolves around "my." For years, I have been so concerned with what makes me feel safe or comfortable. Ouch, not pretty! Today, I spent sometime in serious confession that I haven't been more of a risk taker for my King. I am so thankful for forgiveness and that His mercies are new each day. He is so worth the risk! "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you or forsake you. '" So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13: 5-6

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog, and oddly, I happened to begin this book TODAY! I am only on the opening pages, but I really like it so far! Looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    Lauren (teamlongmire.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love this book, Lauren! God will stir your heart in many ways. Can't wait to see how your story unfolds in Rwanda! God Bless your family.

    ReplyDelete