Friday, February 19, 2010

Funny Story

Funny story....... I was eating lunch on Wednesday, No. let me rephrase this... I was texting, loading the dishwasher, putting away groceries, feeding Rosie, and wiping up a spill, while scarfing down a quick bite of chicken, when the unthinkable happened. I failed to notice, in the midst of multitasking, the small bone in my rotisserie chicken. One bite, a quick chew-no time to enjoy, and swallow. Ouch, I knew immediately that I had swallowed a chicken bone! As the day progressed, I tried not to panic. After all, I was breathing and talking. Someone told me to eat something dense, like bread, to dislodge the bone. One loaf of bread and liters of water later, it was still there. I must say that I found the trick! DIET COKE! With each sip, I could feel the bone begin to move very slowly through my esophagus and down my body. VERY WEIRD FEELING! Finally after many, many carbonated beverages, the bone pushed through last night! YIPEE! The moral of this story.... Chew your food completely and slowly. If possible, sit down while eating. Lastly, for all you Diet Coke addicts here's one good reason not to stop!

1 comment:

  1. Oh NO, Mollie!!! I bet you were horrified when you realized what happened! Glad you haven't stopped Diet Coke altogether yet :) And glad it worked!!

    ReplyDelete